Catalina Spa & Swimspa 10 year Warranty
- 10 Years on the Spa Shell- The Manufacturer warrants the spa or swimspa against water loss due to defects in the shell, interior or surface for a period of 10 years.
- 10 Years on Structure of the Spa- The Manufacturer warrants the sub-frame of the spa or swimspa from defects in material or workmanship for a period 10 years.
- 10 Years Equipment- The Manufacturer warrants the spa or swimspas electrical equipment components - pumps, heater and control systems against malfunction due to defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 10 years.
- 10 Years Plumbing -The manufacturer warrants the factory installed plumbing components not to leak for a period of 10 years. This warranty specifically covers leaks from jet fittings, internal plumbing, internal glue joints and hoses.
10 Year Warranty
(Terms of Warranty)
This warranty extends to the original purchaser of a spa or swimspa for personal, family or household purposes only and is not transferable to or enforceable by any other party. The warranty registration must be completed online at www.catalinaspas.co.uk no later than 15 days from the date of purchase. Warranty is with the supplier of the spa or swimspa and shall take effect from the original date of purchase. Warranty is for spas purchased and located in the UK mainland only.
Catalina™ will, at its sole discretion, authorise repair or replacement of any spa or component found to be defective under the terms of this warranty. Catalina™ reserves the right to substitute a spa or component of equal value, either new or factory reconditioned and any such repair or replacement shall assume as its warranty only the remaining portion of the warranty on the original purchase. Spa surface repairs will be made to function satisfactorily.
In order to obtain service please contact your supplying dealer and have to hand the serial number, model and date of purchase as well as a description of the problem. Your dealer / Catalina™ will make charges if an engineer attends site and any components are found not to be faulty or if a fault is deemed not to be a warranty issue. All warranty work must be authorised in advance by Catalina Spas Ltd. If your supplying dealer is no longer trading please contact Catalina™ during the hours of 8am to 5pm on Monday to Friday. You can call Freephone 0800 731 4601 and Catalina™ will provide the warranty as set out in this agreement.
SHELL WARRANTY: A full ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Catalina™, at its sole discretion will repair or replace any spa experiencing water loss due to defects in the spa shell.
STRUCTURE WARRANTY: A full ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Catalina™, at its sole discretion will repair or replace spa structures found with defects in material or workmanship.
EQUIPMENT WARRANTY: A full ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Catalina™, at its sole discretion will repair or replace any factory installed electrical equipment found to be malfunctioning due to defects in material or workmanship at no charge. Factory installed electrical equipment includes heaters, control systems and pumps.
PLUMBING WARRANTY: A full ten (10) years from date of purchase Catalina™, at its sole discretion will repair or replace internal plumbing, jet fittings, hoses and glue joints found to leak.
On the above categories (Shell, Structure, Equipment and Plumbing) in years one (1) to (and including) five (5) the warranty covers 100% of the cost of replacement components and or repairs, including labour.
In year six (6) the original owner pays 60% of the replacement cost of components and labour
In year seven (7) the original owner pays 70% of the replacement cost of components and labour
In year eight (8) the original owner pays 80% of the replacement cost of components and labour
In year nine (9) the original owner pays 90% of the replacement cost of components and labour
In year ten (10) the original owner pays 90% of the replacement cost of components and labour
Replacement costs of the components and labour / travelling rates will be based upon the current published retail prices.
The following have one (1) year warranty from the date of purchase:
1) Spa Cabinets
2) Ozone and/or UV Units
3) Audio Equipment
4) Diverter Valves against defect in material or workmanship only. Labour and travelling, are specially excluded on jet replacement.
5) LED Lights and systems
6) Air Blowers
7) Spa jets against defect in material or workmanship only. Labour and travelling, are specially excluded on jet replacement.
8) The spa cover, providing that a) the spa cover is fitted to the spa correctly and b) the cover is maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. The cover material might discolour- however this does not affect the covers performance and is specially excluded from this warranty as are tie down straps and buckles. Note: Do not sit, stand, jump or place heavy objects on the cover.
Catalina Spas’ liability is limited and will not be responsible for any other consequential cost incurred including accessing the spa, lost time, freight, delivery charges, damages or costs incurred. Other than where specially excluded, warranty claims within the period specified will include labour and travelling.
1) Specifically excluded from this warranty is any form of damage, discolouration and imperfections resulting from:
a) Negligence, misuse, vandalism or accidents.
b) Improper Maintenance, water balance or chemical control.
c) The use of sanitisers such as Tri-clor (tablets or sticks), calcium, hypochlorite or any chemical that may not dissolve or remains undissolved on the shell or cabinet surface.
d) The use of caustic cleaning solutions.
e) Operating the spa at a water temperature outside the range of 5°C to 44°C for any reason. Including draining the spa in cold weather. As freezing water and ice will damage the spa and its components.
f) Failure to follow procedures defined in the owner’s manual.
g) Improper, incorrect or faulty electrical supply/connections.
h) Electrical surges.
i) Leaving the spa empty and uncovered.
2) The warranty does not cover any form of commercial installation or loss of use or profit under any circumstances.
3) The warranty shall be invalid if the spa has been subjected to any alterations, modifications, misuse, abuses or if any repairs are attempted by anyone other than a Catalina™ Authorised Service Agent.
4) Blisters, cracking and delamination not causing water loss or structural problems with the spa.
5) Light bulbs, headrests, filter cartridges, fuses and drain valves.
6) Scratches and damage caused by normal use.
7) The cabinet appearance – cabinets react differently to environmental conditions and so the effects of this are not covered by warranty.
8) All spa accessories
9) Flooding, Wind damage, Acts of God, events of force majeure and damage caused by animals, rodents and insects
10) Damage to the spa cabinet, base, frame or equipment if the sub base is not free draining.
11) The cost of installation, removal and / or transport of the spa or swimspa is not covered under this warranty. In the event that Catalina™ deems it necessary to remove the spa to a place of repair or that the spa must be replaced, any and all costs of the spa removal and replacement including crane, landscaping, decking, fencing, and or structure removal, alteration and or replacement or any costs of providing access to the spa will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
12) All spas installed other than by a Catalina™ Authorised service agent.
This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights
The spa and all its equipment must be fully accessible to enable any warranty work to be carried out. If access to any equipment is restricted as a result of the installation Catalina™ reserves the right to make additional charges to cover extra time spent undertaking any works.
Except as expressed herein, there shall be no other warranty or obligation, expressed or implied, oral or statutory. (Catalina Spas Ltd, its agents or employees shall in no event be liable for injury to any person other than negligently inflicted personal injury or death, or for any claim for damage, however arising). All consequential expenses including loss of use, chemicals, damage or contingent liabilities arising out of any alleged deficiencies of the spa are specifically excluded.